I made this amazing recipe from PaleOMG cookbook/blog. She ROCKS!! SO I thought I would pass it along.
Prep time: 40 mins(darn sweet potatoes)
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 1lb chorizo. (or ground beef seasoned w/ oregano, cumin, cinnamon, chipotle chile)
- 3 sweet potatoes (I cooked a bunch, always love a sweet potato, once the oven is on I take advantage of it)
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and seeds removed
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- **** I added bacon as garnish on top of mine…everything rocks with bacon!!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Use a fork to poke some holes in your sweet potatoes. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft when you poke them. (Time will range depending on how fat they are. I used thin ones)
- While your sweet potatoes are baking, pull out a large skillet, place over medium heat and add your chorizo to it. Use a wooden spoon to break up your chorizo while it cooks.
- When chorizo is halfway done cooking, add your onions to sweat it out.
- When your chorizo is cooked completely through, put your chorizo mixture on a plate with a paper towel to soak up some of the excess fat and to cool.
- Now pull out your handy dandy food processor. Use a spoon to scoop out the inside of your two avocados and place in the food processor. Mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Add your lime, lemon, cumin and a bit of salt. Pulse until mixed thoroughly.
- Place your chorizo and ¾ of your avocado mixtures in a large bowl to incorporate. Leave the other ¼ of avocado mixture for toppings.
- When your sweet potatoes are done cooking, let cool, cut in half, scoop out insides (leaving about ½-1 inch of sweet potato still inside) of sweet potato, and use a pastry brush to brush on coconut oil on the inside and all around the sweet potato.
- Place back on cooking sheet and in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until crispy.
- Once potatoes are crispy, add your avocado and chorizo mixture into your sweet potato, top off with a little sprinkle of almond flour, and place back in the oven for around 5 minutes.
- Top off your your leftover avocado mixture. Kinda like a scoop of sour cream on top. Diggin it.
- Finally consume!