Brought to us by one of our great members….Emily Seabuagh
WHAT’S FOR BREAKFAST?????
Don’t have time to cook in the morning? Make this the night/day before.
Basically it’s 1-2 pounds of meat, sausage, bacon, etc…… and any veggie left over from the week in the food processor… I’ve also been know to put in pico de gallo.
Grease your pan well so eggs don’t stick.
I bake it on Sundays and put in containers in the fridge for the week, it says 9 serviings, but you could easily get 12 I think……
Mine takes closer to 40 minutes to bake since it’s a pretty full 9 x 13 pan.
My favorite is eggs, meat, 2 zuchini, 2-3 bell peppers, and a little pico de gallo or leftover salsa to get some tomato and onion in there…. mmmmmmmm. and salt and pepper of course.
Hope you enjoy it.
Tasty breakfast egg loaf
Yields 6-8 servings.
18 cage free eggs
1/2# bacon or chicken sausage or turkey sausage (nitrate/nitrite, dairy, gluten, soy, sugar free)
3/4# ground beef, grassfed
1/2 yellow onion
2 small zucchini
1 large yellow squash
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cook bacon, or sausage of choice, then remove to a plate. (If you bought precooked, skip this step).
3. Chop the onion and cook over medium-high heat in the ghee with the minced garlic.
4. As onions start to become translucent, turn up the heat and add ground beef, until browned.
5. Remove beef & onion to a bowl with slotted spoon.
5. Grate the zucchini and yellow squash.
6. Beat the eggs and add water.
7. Mix all the meat and veggies in a casserole dish.
8. Pour egg mixture over the meat & veggies.
9. Toss in the oven for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your casserole dish.
10. The loaf is done when the eggs start to rise a bit and you can stick a knife in it without any egg sticking to it.
11. Cut into squared portions and serve throughout your week!
Prep time: 15 min Cook time: ~25 min
You can easily pop these egg loaf squares into the microwave for a few minutes and eat on the go or serve with homemade guacamole or salsa, bam!